This article was written regarding work conducted under legacy company names: Continental Mapping, GISinc, or TSG Solutions. These three companies merged in January 2021 to form a new geospatial leader [Axim Geospatial].
The CNRMA GeoReadiness Center (GRC) is the Installation Geospatial Information & Service center for the Navy's Mid-Atlantic region. The GRC is responsible for hosting and publishing region-wide and installation-specific data, managing geospatial projects, providing training to users across the region, creating standard cartographic products, maintaining Common Installation Picture (CIP) data layers, and helping ensure GIS data meets audit readiness requirements.
NAVFAC MIDLANT Real Estate and Cadastral business lines support Navy and Marine real estate interests for the Mid-Atlantic region. These interests not only Land Acquisition and Disposals, but also the various Agreements and Grants the Navy enters to support Naval Operations. In an effort to modernize the business process, and document management, MIDLANT RE has moved toward leveraging current NAVFAC Management Systems within the Enterprise System support by the GeoReadiness Program.
Our team of onsite RE Cadastral GIS Specialist have been able to support the CNRMA GRC and MIDLANT RE/Cadastral Staff in the following ways:
1. Support Regional Land Survey with various RE/Cadastral Issues and Boundary Discrepancies.
2. Contributed to and/or created region-wide standard GRX products including:
- Standardized RE/Cadastral GRX Map Service
- Standardized RE/Cadastral Map Data
- Standardized RE/Cadastral Map Products
3. Contributed to and/or created region-wide standard cartographic products including:
- Cadastral Feature Classes for LandParcel, Disposals, InGrants, OutGrants and Sites that are mandated by the Cadastral Modernization Program and can be found in the Navy Data Model.
- Map and Layout templates for every installation in the region
- Jurisdictional map PDFs for every installation and Site in the region
4. Continually work with Real Property Accountability Officers to reconcile GIS data to the Internet Navy Facility Assets Data Store (INFADS) thus ensuring that the NAVFAC MIDLANT meets audit readiness requirements
5. Provide training to MIDLANT RE/Cadastral staff on the following topics:
- Accessing and using cadastral data in GRX
- Introduction to GRX and how to use its various tools
- GIS for Researching Real Estate and Boundary Issues
- Supporting MIDLANT RE Appraiser with document research
With our support, the MIDLANT RE/Cadastral has been able to modernize the standards for the Real Estate Summary Map process, modernize access to RE/Cadastral Files, and support regional business lines (Utilities, Planning, Environmental, AirOps, Public Safety, Emergency Management, PPV).