This article may reference legacy company names: Continental Mapping, GISinc, or TSG Solutions. These three companies merged in January 2021 to form a new geospatial leader [Axim Geospatial].
Axim Geospatial's Steve Mulberry and Solution Engineer Tony Urquidi talk about the Cloud Business Continuity for ArcGIS Enterprise.
Axim has been helping and assisting our customers to deploy ArcGIS Enterprise for many years now both on-premise and in the cloud. And in each case, we typically discuss with the customer about Business Continuity and what that really means and how it impacts the deployment process.
It's so important for Axim to understand the customers' requirements and Service Level Agreement or (SLA) they have in place with their clients before we deploy ArcGIS Enterprise, this helps with the infrastructure design process.
Terms to know - Business Continuity
- High Availability: Acceptable Downtime
- Failover: Stand-by hardware and software (HW & SW) used to replace production
- Active-Passive: Built from Failover concept, an inactive environment (HW & SW) ready to activate when production goes down
- As a side note, Esri provides an active-passive license within core ArcGIS Enterprise deployment
- Disaster Recovery: For example, what happens when a truck drives through the data center?
Hear all details, examples, and potential in the 5 minute VLOG:
We hope this article has provided some value to you! If you ever need additional help, don't hesitate to reach out to the Axim team.