This article may reference legacy company names: Continental Mapping, GISinc, or TSG Solutions. These three companies merged in January 2021 to form a new geospatial leader [Axim Geospatial].
Axim Geospatial's Steve Mulberry and Solution Engineer Zeb Steeby talk about Cloud migration process for ArcGIS Enterprise.
Types of Cloud Migration
- Lift & Ship
- Refactor - Efficiencies, Clean up
Components of Cloud Migration
Methods for Migrating to the Cloud
- Cloud Provided vs Esri Provided: AMIs, Instance, Cloud Builder, etc.
- AWS - Snowball (images etc.)
- 3rd Party: Migrating applications, portal items (users, groups, content), GeoJobe, EGDB Replication (Oracle to PostgreSQL)
- Custom: Scripting Migration using python, exporting FGDB, Database Backup, WebGIS DR
Simple Migration Example
- Create Cloud environment and ArcGIS Enterprise
- Move Data & Applications to new environment (GeoJobe)
See the full 9 minute VLOG for more information:
Interested in learning more about Cloud Migrations and Managed Services? Contact our team today!